The West Milford Department of Public Works (DPW) consists of four divisions:
1. Division of Public Property
2. Division of Streets and Roads
3. Division of Snow Removal-Winter Weather Response
4. Division of Fleet Maintenance
The Director of Public Works is the department head for the Department of Public Works.
1. The Division of Public Property is responsible for maintenance of all public owned buildings.
2. The Division of Streets and Roads maintains and repairs approximately 160 miles of Township streets and roads, including street sweeping, installation of street signs, pavement markings, road repairs, and roadside brush cutting for sight distance. This division is also responsible for installation and maintenance of drainage systems including storm sewers (catch basins).
3. The Division of Snow Removal is responsible for winter storm operations including snow plowing and deicing of roadways.
4. The Division of Fleet Maintenance is responsible for maintenance of all Township vehicles and equipment including Police, DPW and Fire apparatus.