Teen Center Supervisors (2)
TEEN CENTER SUPERVISORS (2):
Regular P/T. Monday to Friday, September 2016 to June 2017, 2:00PM to 6:00PM. Staff needed to supervise the Beyond the Bell after-school program located at Westbrook Teen Center in West Milford, NJ. Minimum two years experience working with children in a youth camp, school, or other educational setting is preferred. Candidate must possess a valid Driver’s License and be able to pass a background check. S/W $10.00 - $15.00/HR DOQ. Please forward resumes to: Tim Roetman, Director, West Milford Community Services and Recreation Department: 1810 Macopin Road, West Milford, NJ 07480 or email to: email@example.com. Resumes will be accepted through August 19, 2016. The Township of West Milford is an EOE.
TOWNSHIP OF WEST MILFORD - JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Teen Center Supervisor
Department: Department of Community Services and Recreation
Reports To: Director and Program Coordinator, CSR
Status: P/T – Seasonal
Schedule: Varies; approximately 20 hrs/wk
Under supervision, is responsible for the opening and closing of Township facilities, specifically the Teen Center at Westbrook Park, monitoring activities within the facilities during operating hours and performing general customer service tasks such as answering phones, assisting the public and other duties as assigned. The Teen Center Supervisor will primarily be responsible for the setup and operation of youth related programs at the Teen Center.
- Supervisory Responsibilities
- Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Frequently required to stand, walk, talk, hear, sit, and balance.
- Ability to regularly use hands to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls and to reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently must lift, move and carry up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 25 pounds.
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this position.
- Essential Functions
- Opens and closes facilities.
- Prepares activities schedule for teen center.
- Checks facilities to be used, assuring they are in satisfactory condition.
- Maintains a log of building use.
- Notifies patrons of activity schedules and registration requirements.
- Monitors participants to ensure orderly conduct.
- Answers phones and provides the public with information relevant to the facility.
- Assists in the maintenance of records and completion of reports.
- Responds quickly and appropriately to potentially hazardous situations; reports all incidents and accidents according to established procedures.
- Will be required to learn and utilize various types of electronic and/or manual recording and information systems used by the Community Services and Recreation Department.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to assist in instructional tasks.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with participants, associates and the public.
- Ability to utilize computers, relevant software, phones and other types of electronic or manual office equipment.
- Ability to read, write, understand and communicate in English sufficiently to perform duties of this position. American Sign Language or Braille may also be considered as acceptable forms of communication.
Education/Experience: High School Degree required. Some college preferred. Previous experience in a Parks and Recreation, non-profit athletic, or for-profit athletic capacity is a plus.
- Education, Experience and Special Requirements
Special Requirements: A driver’s license valid in the state of New Jersey. Reliable transportation is required. Must be able to pass a background check.