- ADOPT A STORM DRAIN CAMPAIGN The WM Environmental Commission, in collaboration with the WM Department of Public Works, have begun the volunteer Adopt A Storm Drain program to encourage residents to keep storm drains near their residences clear of leaves, debris, and snow/ice.
- BLACK BEAR INFORMATION - NJDEP NJDEP Update - Spring 2014 - Black Bear Management
- Community Forestry Management Plan 06-24-15- West Milford Township Community Forestry Management Plan 06-24-15
- EMERALD ASH BORER ALERT 2014 NJ Dept. of Agriculture has issued an alert: The Emerald Ash Borer has been discovered in Somerset County, NJ. Residents are encouraged to check any ash trees located on their properties for signs of infestation.
- EMERALD ASH BORER UPDATE 2018 Updated information on the Emerald Ash Borer May 2018
- FALL ACTIVITY FOR BEARS BEGINS - UPDATE FROM NJDEP
- Gypsy Moth - Asian Asian Gypsy Moth (AGM) in North America
- Gypsy Moth Origin Origin of the gypsy moth in North America
- Gypsy Moths With Fungal Disease Fungal Disease of the Gypsy Moth in North America
- Help Find Wild Hazelnuts Locate wild hazelnuts in the community and assist with the Hybrid Hazelnut Consortium, a project with the Arbor Day Foundation. For more information, go to arborday.org/wildhazelnuts
- Invasive Species Survey - West Milford C.F.M.P.
- On-Site Wastewater Treatment System Management Plan for West Milford Final report (without Appendices) of the OWTS Management Plan developed by Princeton Hydro through a grant provided by the NJDEP.
- Shade Tree Ordinance-500-84
- SPOTTED LANTERNFLY Updated information on the Spotted Lanternfly threatening our trees.
- Stormwater Management Regulations-NJAC 7:8 Stormwater Management Regulations
- Stormwater Mgt-Municipal Program NJAC 7:14A-25 Municipal Stormwater Program - State Statutes
- Stormwater Mgt-MunicOff-Nonstructural-Questionnaire Stormwater Mgt. - Municipal Official Nonstructural Strategies Questionnaire
- Stormwater-Nonstructural Strategies Stormwater-Nonstructural Strategies Checklist
- Stormwater-Water Resources Contact Info Stormwater Resources Contact Info
- TRAILS MASTER PLAN The Trails Master Plan was developed by the WM Environmental Commission with funds provided through a Smart Growth Planning Grant from ANJEC, and with the assistance of Banisch Associates, NY/NJ Trail Conference and several other local recreational and environmental organizations. The document is a compilation of hiking, biking, and multi use trails within the Township's borders that form an interconnected network to provide a green and sustainable infrastructure for resident and tourist mobility. The Inventory of Trails will be updated periodically when new trails are created or become accessible.
- Waterfowl Ordinance Ordinance prohibiting the feeding of waterfowl on lands or waterways located in the Township of West Milford. Effective May 10, 2011.
- West Milford Township Tree Ordinances
- Wildlife Guardians Project Wildlife Guardians Project - Volunteers needed to survey transects of roads weekly to document wildlife crossings or road kill. Collaborative project with the NJDEP.
- 2010 Annual Report of the WM Environmental Commission
- A Homeower's Guide to Septic Systems Everything you always wanted to know...
- After the Storm A Citizen's Guide to Understanding Stormwater.
- An Environmentally Friendly Lawn Care Guide Protection for streams and reservoirs begins in your backyard.
- Backyard Leaf Composting A fact sheet from the Rutgers Cooperative Extension.
- Clean Water for Our Town A residents' checklist for clean water.
- Clean Water Raingers A coloring book for the kids.
- Evaluation of Groundwater Resources of West Milford Township Evaluation of Groundwater Resources of West Milford Township, Passaic County, New Jersey - November 26, 2003 (Approx. 5.11 MB)
- Forest Restoration Project at Apshawa Preserve The New Jersey Conservation Foundation has embarked on a 300-acre forest restoration fencing project to exclude deer at the Apshawa Preserve in West Milford, Passaic County, New Jersey in order to reduce the overabundant deer population and assist the forest to be resilient to the threats posed by surbanbanization, non-native plants, pathogens, insect invaders, and climate change.
- Home Composting A fact sheet from the Rutgers Cooperative Extension.
- Household Hints for Clean Water An EPA brochure with easy to follow suggestions on how to help keep our water clean.
- Minimizing Waste Disposal: Grass Clippings A fact sheet from the Rutgers Cooperative Extension.
- Pest Alert - Emerald Ash Borer Information on the Emerald Ash Borer, a beetle that is threatening to destroy ash trees and has been discovered to be moving from state to state primarily through firewood from infected areas.
- Septic System Installations A message from your Township of West Milford Department of Health.
- Tips for saving water Water conservation is important for the protection of our drinking water resources.
- Using Leaf Compost A fact sheet from the Rutgers Cooperative Extension.
- Vermicomposting (Worm Composting) A fact sheet from the Rutgers Cooperative Extension.
- What is Ground Water? A DEP brochure explaning ground water, the water cycle, and water conservation.
- What is Nonpoint Source Pollution? And where does it come from?
- What's a watershed? Can you find your watershed "address"?
- Yard Trimmings Management Strategies A fact sheet from the Rutgers Cooperative Extension.
- ADOPT A STORM DRAIN CAMPAIGN
Township of West Milford
1480 Union Valley Road
West Milford, NJ 07480
Hours of Operation
8:30 AM to 4:30 PM