West Milford Township’s SDL Portal is a cloud-based service that provides citizens, contractors and other professionals with ready access to up-to-date West Milford data and services whenever they need it, 24/7. Creation of an account is required to participate.
The SDL Portal provides a wealth of online information regarding all properties in the Township. This includes everything from basic tax lot and owner information to detailed data regarding current permits, complaints, violations, licenses and certificates.
Use the keyword search or the filter to help locate the action you would like to take. You may need to contact a town official directly if you do not see the option you are looking for.
The Township is currently transitioning to this platform and will be adding additional services as they become available.
Use the Search feature to locate properties or permits, even when they have limited information available. You can search by full or partial address, full or partial owner name, or block/lot for properties and permits.
Click on the Requests button to access additional services through the SDL Portal. You can submit and manage requests online for permits and inspections, complaints, OPRA (Open Public Records Act) requests and more. Additional features include:
- Register for a certificate of occupancy or related application online. (Account verification thru your mobile phone number is required.)
- Contact your town officials about a complaint or comment in your area such as brush/branches, general complaints, high grass, parking violations, property rental violation, solid waste, storm water – sump pumps, and vacant property. Upload a photo to help describe the issue. Once submitted, you can monitor the status of the request and provide additional information.
- Submit an OPRA request - Make a request for Public Records. Please provide as much information as possible regarding the records you are requesting.
- Register for a Pet License online. You will need information regarding your veterinarian and your pet's vaccinations. (Account verification thru your mobile phone number is required.)
- GIS maps displaying property, environmental, tax and zoning information and more.
- Not online? Receive current permit status information by phone, by text or by email.
An array of West Milford maps is available by clicking on the Maps button. These maps include historic, black and white, tidelands, wetlands base maps and more.
Create an Account
You must set up an account to access West Milford’s SDL Portal data. This will give you the ability to search for and locate specific properties, view basic property information and submit online requests.
To sign up for an account:
- Click on the Sign-Up button on the home page of the Portal
- Fill out required information on the Sign-Up page. You may login with either your email or user name.
- Choose a primary town. (This can be changed at any time on your account page, but is generally the town in which you live or work.)
- Activate your account. Check your email account for the verification email and click on the link it contains. If you do not find this email in your inbox, be sure to check you spam folder or filters.
Account Profile and Settings
You can access your Account page at any time when you are logged in to update your profile information, see the items you requested or are watching, and request verification for advanced access to your account.
Update your Account Information
You can also update your account information at any time that you are logged in. This includes changes to your address and contact information, associated primary town, and password changes. Be sure to click on Save Settings to record your changes.
Note. Once you have chosen an email address for association with your account, you cannot change it or your user name.
Access your items
Manage your online requests
- Requests: Any web requests you submitted online will be listed here with their status.
- Payments: Payments submitted online can be viewed here.
- Properties: Property owners or landlords can submit requests to have specific properties tagged as theirs for advanced access. Any verified property requests will appear here.
- Watches: Permits or properties that you have added to your account's watch or favorite list will be listed here.
Some of the advanced features require additional account verification beyond the valid email address and password that you used to create your account. You will need to provide a phone number and then submit a verification request. You will receive a verification code either by phone or text and have a short time to submit that code on your account page to complete the verification.
If you are a licensed contractor that works in your primary town location, you can include your trade name and contractor license in your account profile to help town officials streamline the permit process.
Go to West Milford's SDL Portal. For more information about the portal click here.